Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Whata Wednesday

If a day ever sums me up it's today...

It's Wednesday so we were at Walden bright and early to start the day. I was up at 4 because I was restless and nervous about swimming again :/ In the words of a fellow Waldener "It's been two years, you think you would be over it by now?" Yes, you would think so. I don't know, I can't explain it.

Anyways, it's super dark now when it's that early. We could barely see when we pulled in the parking lot. We waited until it got light enough to see each other's faces and then dove on in. Somehow I ended up swimming my fastest time yet :) However, a new person who swam with us today informed us that the pond was really low so our times are faster with the less water. Not sure how exactly that works but eh, at least it felt like a really solid swim.

And then you know...work work work.

After work, I didn't want to run but it was just so nice out I had to go. I took my strategy of immediately changing into my workout clothes when I got home and headed on out. I decided to do my hill hunting run and it was fantastic. Super fast, I felt great and I was really happy I forced myself out the door.

Which brings me to an important observation I have made about working out: I have never regretted working out but I have definitely regretted not working out. Think about it. I bet you will find that you have felt the same way.

The only bad thing about the run today was that I have a monster blood blister that has taken over the ball of my right foot. I apologize for the TMI but at least be relieved I decided against posting a photo of it :) It had been totally fine the whole run until I hit mile 3.5 and then it hurt like a mother f'er. I have been limping around every since but I'm trying to make it into more of a sway haha

It was then time for practice with Ledger for our first show after our little summer hiatus. See you next Friday at Green Briar kids :) Anyways, it's always a good way to end the day in our little practice space  over at the crazy Allston Sound Museum (if you ever have been over there you know what I'm talking about.) I do have some more lyrics to learn which is always the hardest part for me.

So that was a Wednesday just like I like it. Sleep is for boring people.

-Good Singer/Bad Triathlete out!

No comments:

Post a Comment