Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Final Countdown

So the week of Lobsterman is finally here and I feel...not much haha

Today was also the last official early morning Walden swim. It was another super early morning but considering it was the last one I didn't want to miss it.

Here is what it looked like when we got there:


Note: Stolen photo from a teammate :)

Nothing says let's go swimming than a pitch black pond and 48 degree weather, am I right? After several games of "Is that a person or a duck?" it finally got light enough and we jumped on in.

However, the water was so much warmer than the air there was some intense fog action happening this morning. We all decided to have a pretty quick swim out to the sandy spot and meet there before we headed back. The only problem was I couldn't see anyone. At all. So I did what any lost in the fog swimmer would do: I called out MARCO! ...and luckily received a POLO :)

It was actually a pretty uneventful swim except for our omnipresent photographer who was riding his bike all around Walden to capture our swim from every angle. In case you are finding yourself more confused than normal, allow me to explain. There is a photographer who has been at Walden super early with us for the past month who has introduced himself as a local photographer and likes taking open water swim pictures. I know what you are thinking and we have checked out his fbook page and website and he is legit.

I got a nice end of the season swim instruction from our Captain (better late than never, right curmudgeon?) and on our way we went. The scene was still pretty foggy when we left but it looks a lot nicer when you don't have to swim into it. 

It must be allergy season for the Dragons too :)

I might even make that photo my background...did I seriously just say that?

End of Walden 2012 Scoreboard:
Cat: 18
Pond Monsters: 0
Ocean Monsters: 1 


In other news, I have a problem googling things. I guess I just take things very literally and I google exactly what I'm looking for. For example, the race I did called Black Fly. I would just google "Black Fly" and much to my digust I would always just get gross images of Black Flies.

Of course Lobsterman also warrants wonderful google search results as well. Here are the images I'm going to keep in my mind as I'm racing:



I would like to call attention to the first one:




Couldn't think of a better image to have in my mind. I packed all my tri stuff for this weekend just so I could stress less. And then I also might have had my first Lobsterman freak out....




AHHHHHHH


PS
'Sup Kevin C


-cat out

No comments:

Post a Comment