Wednesday, March 20, 2013

C is for Cat!

You all might have heard I've had my first round of marathon training related knee pain. Boston Sports Med and KT tape to the rescue! They said it is pretty normal at this stage in training and just related to overuse. Great news! They said it could use some more support here because this is the side I've injured in the past (my stupid hip flexor/IT band nonsense) so it needs some extra love.

It's my first time using KT tape and after a round of graston and this tape, my knee is feeling pretty loose! Apparently it stays on for a week and you can shower/swim/whatever in it. Here we go 21 miles this weekend !!

I'm tempted to write "at" next to the big black "C" looking tape ;)



1 comment:

  1. The KT Tape is good stuff, and I've got a ton of it if you need any! Also, I've had a lot of good luck/results with using my 110% knee sleeve while running and especially after with ice to help with the ITB pain.

    ReplyDelete