Saturday, December 29, 2012

Me vs My Garmin

As my last post not so eloquently told, I got the super triathlon Garmin for Christmas. Now you might remember that up until a year ago, I didn't even own a watch. When I got my friends old timex, the first time I tried to use it I wanted to throw it in the Charles. Getting such an advanced piece of equipment was a bold move for me. I'm hoping it doesn't take away from my "free spirited training" and get me obsessed with times/pace etc...

Anyways, the box has remained unopened (I put the watch on my wrist) and I've been too scared (not sure if that's the write word) to take off the screen prottector and open the thing. I also have to run 12 mile tomorrow so I figured now was as good as time as ever. I also decided it will probably be video blog worthy.


The video is 4 min and I couldn't upload my normal way, so I made a youtube video....Enjoy!


Also, here is a quick little follow up if you are interested:



I hope everyone had a happy Holiday Season and have a wonderful New Year! Maybe next time I update my Marathon progress page I'll actually have my Garmin working and have more accurate pace results than me just doing division.

As my boss wrote in my holiday card, may 2013 bring you lots of PRs! :)

-cat

No comments:

Post a Comment