Sunday, March 4, 2018

Where I have been...ending with a Bachelorette 5k

I found this blog draft from September 30, 2016 so... I figured I would post it for ole times sake :D

Enjoy-

O hi there... if you would like to just read the part about the bachelorette 5k, kindly scroll down :)

Here you go Greg, this one's for you!

Ok so I know it's bad form to leave your blog just hangin'. The truth is I just became such a great triathlete I just didn't feel this title fit me any more... KIDDING.

I don't know if there is one particular reason I stopped writing here. I would bet one big reason would be that blogging about my various athletic adventures didn't bring me as much joy and humor as it did before. I bet it is because after events at the marathon and trek, the sport became something I approached with fear and trepidation. I've always had to give myself a pump up speech to get in the water (those pond monsters man!) but now I feel that way any time I get on my bike and most of the time when I run a race.

You know the deal:
Ships are safe in the harbor, but that's not what ship's are for. Carpe Diem. You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain. Life's short, do [some activity that doesn't involve hiding in your house.] Think about why you started. Be stronger than your excuses.

As many motivational quotations as I read, I found that wasn't my underlying problem. I was just scared. I really don't want any more bad things to happen that are associated to the activities that have been such a positive force in my life.

Time heals all wounds. What an obnoxious line to hear (especially when it is usually associated with break ups, ha!) However, there is a lot of truth to the benefits of time. For me, I just like having more "data", if you will, of more times things have gone right rather than gone wrong. I know the only way to achieve this greater data set is to suck it up and participate. I'm getting better but it has definitely been a slow not as fun process.

Excuses are like assholes... I won't finish that line but for those that do know how it goes, I do believe there is a lot of truth to that saying.

The other thing that has taken up my time (and no I won't even try to throw in the BS 'I've been busy' line. That line has been used to me SO MANY TIMES and I'm like EVERYONE IS BUSY. Trust me, if you are reading this post you are probably amazing and really busy and that's probably why we get along.)

CP2 and I moved into together. We got a cat (CP3PO). We are getting married. We bought a house.

Yes, I realize out of the 28 people that clicked the link Greg posted the other day, most of you know all that already :) But hey, for blogging purposes, it's worth pointing out.

That being said, I do have a lot of stories to catch up on. I'll try my best to do so. Of course a lot of our wedding planning stories are tied into our triathlon stories over the last 17 months. Again, thank you Greg for the data point :)

So pretending we are all up to speed, let's get to my Bacherlorette party:

Bachelorette 5k:

I had the best bachelorette party I could have ever imagined. My cousin and her husband told me about how after they got married they ran the Falmouth road race and she ran with a veil on her head and it was the most fun they ever had during a race. I wanted to emulate something similar.

The one thing (although I told her MANY things and she is fabulous and wrote them all down) is that I wanted to run a 5k during my bachelorette. Now before everyone thinks I am the worst bride ever, I stressed it was OPTIONAL.

I also wanted to spend the weekend with my girl loves being in the kind of environment I have enjoyed the most over the last couple of years. I wanted it to be like Saco, Killington and like places we have stayed after races (like Timberman, and yes, we completed Timberman!) A nice combo of all three.

We stayed in the best house ever - that just had the scariest driveway ever. We were actually just down the road from our Timberman house. After getting lost for awhile, we finally found this straight up, dirt, curvy driveway of sorts that had orange construction zones along the way. Comforting!

No comments:

Post a Comment