Monday, January 28, 2013

You know the only thing that can make a 10 mile run harder...?

When you get blasted by salt from a plow driving by right next to you. Other plows drove past me just fine, I didn't think I needed to jump out of the way for this one. But no such luck, it hit me right in my leg when I was only at 6.52 miles (thanks Garmin).  Haha I'm seriously still hurting/laughing from it.

However, the real reason I was going to write this blog post was because I made a nice little video blog along my run but I just had to share that fun story :)

Enjoy!

Feels like Florida!


Another fun story I need to share about "just doing it"is about this old Marine I met at my landlord's bar the other night. He was an older guy who had not your typical older man opinion on life. He told me about how he knew women were going to rule the world one day and he was pretty ok with it. We got to talking about working out and how I was training for the marathon. He told me how he used to run everyday in the Marines and when he was overseas.

He then asked me if I was going to win. I just laugh and say of course not! He replies, "Not with that attitude."

Now go put on some workout clothes and go!


1 comment:

  1. I love your videos! Haha great one. I'm sorry I couldn't join you!

    ReplyDelete