Monday, June 18, 2012

It's the RIGHT way, ok??

I'm just going to go out there and say it: I'm a quirky person. I don't mean to be, I just tend to have strong preferences about odd things. Clearly which direction I'm running in is one of them.

I really only like to run clockwise.

There we go. I said it. I ran with a running group one time and they ran the reservoir COUNTER-clockwise and I was like O gosh....And then I had that moment where you feel social pressure because you don't really know these people and don't want to admit you're freakin weird vs being uncomfortable. I chose uncomfortable.Worst mile and a quarter. Ever. [read: blogger is over exaggerating big time]

So when I got an email saying I got off the wait-list for the Cohasset Tri, what were some selling points?

Well, let me show you the beginning of the course descriptions:

Bike:   
The clockwise bike course includes 12 miles of scenic roads winding through Cohasset and North Scituate. 
Run:
The 3.2 mile clockwise run will loop around Little Harbor.  

Also, here is the email from the race director when I said I was interested in picking up one of the newly vacated spots:

"YESSS!!!!! - sign up NOW

1) go to www.cohassettri.com  
[..and then he gave me more instructions etc..]
 
Do this NOW to get this number."
LOVE the enthusiasm and clock-wise-ness, Cohasset Tri on Sunday, here we come!

( I will post about the Century ride this weekend, I never said I would blog chronologically!)

PS
Yes, I realize this issue is going to have severe implications on my NASCAR career, I'm working that out with my sponsors as we speak.


2 comments: