Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pond Monster Team Building

If I could do trust falls to establish a good relationship with the pond monsters, I would. However, because that would mean meeting one face to face, I guess I'll have to settle for my weekly anxiety attacks from 10pm Wednesday night to Thursday morning.

So of course it makes sense in the week after I bike the longest I have ever biked, that I post about running and swimming and not mention the bike...

Anyways, I finally made it across good ole Walden this morning. Unfortunately, it still doesn't count as a full mile do to some stingy GPS watches (yet another reason why I'm so reluctant to have watches) but I'm soooo close. We made it to the little sandy stopping spot and I look over at the other side and I'm like ugh I'm doing it.

Because it's so freakin early in the morning, naturally my mind is working in weird ways so of course I had country music in my head. More specifically Luke Bryan's song Country Girl and specifically the part where he says "gonna stomp my boots in the Georgia Mud." I decided that the other side was Georgia and kept thinking to myself that I was gonna go stomp my boots in it. So I'm finally there and I go jump up on the other side and decided I just "touched the butt" for all you Nemo fans out there. (I then had Disney songs stuck in my head but no one wants to swim back with "Be Prepared" from the Lion King going through your mind so I quickly switched back to the chorus of Country Girl.) You know, swimming is kind of like horizontal dancing...but that's a post for another time.

Country Girl just came on my Spotify. Weird.

 In case you are unfamiliar with the cruel Medusa that is Walden Pond here is a nice geographically accurate map:


Also, for your listening pleasure, Country Girl, by Luke Bryan, just in case you need to shake it to the other side today ;)

Cat out!

No comments:

Post a Comment