Monday, July 30, 2012

I guess that was a brick?

I'm about to bring you the bad triathlete's first video blog!

Let's set the scene: My friend Leah, from college (fellow OL!) and I met up in the Fells to get some biking in. Leah is training for her first triathlon (you can do it) and I need to get as many bike miles in as possible.

I bring all my stuff to work and keep my bike in my cube all day and of course I get a little lost going to the Fells. When we got there her bike wheel was having major problems and we couldn't get her brakes to not be super intense against her wheel. The brakes were up against the wheel so much that the wheel wouldn't even rotate. I tried to put my limited knowledge to use to try and get the wheel moving but I struggled. I grabbed the one bike tool I had in my bike pack and this is what I ensued:

 ...and that's what great video blogging is all about. Accidental bike fixing success while the camera is rolling :)

When we got back I then proceeded to have lost my keys in my car. No, not locked my keys in my car-somehow I lost them. Luckily Leah found them. Basically, the parking lot was in cursed.


Success! Check out her super blog: Here!

I had so much energy when I got back (and I was already dressed)  so I decided to go for a nice night run. I just chilled out and listened to some Bob Marley and Dispatch and just run my favorite hills (Langley to Breck for you fellow Brightoners). Nice and relaxing :)

I also remembered one of my strategies on days I don't want to work out. When you get home from work, immediately change into your workout clothes because then you just feel ridiculous sitting around in your workout clothes. Trust me, it works!

3 comments:

  1. You linked to your own blog when you created the link to Leah's blog...bad blogger move right there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O gosh...fixed it! Thanks for finding that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaay! That video was action-packed, emotional, and Oscar-worthy. I expect the Academy to call any day now with my nomination for videography and yours for Best Actress in a Dramedy.

    It can't get much worse than that, right? Right??

    ReplyDelete